Established In 2022, the CGS Instructional Design (ID) team works with faculty and administrators to provide end-to-end support in the development, revision, and maintenance of online courses in the College of General Studies and the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences. Combined, our instructional designers bring over 40 years of experience in curriculum development, the humanities, social sciences, public policy, and language acquisition.
CGS instructional designers are available for one-on-one consultations and assist faculty members with:
- Designing new or redesigning existing courses based on best practices and standards of online learning.
- Optimizing the online experience through interactive elements and mixed media content.
- Integrating inclusive pedagogy models in the online classroom.
- Providing complimentary quality course reviews and assessments.
- Creating models and resources for instructors to use autonomously.