Many students choose to add a minor to their course of study. These minors can help you to further distinguish yourself in the job market or to pursue a personal interest. Minors are offered by the College of General Studies, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, School of Education, and School of Social Work. 

For all minor programs, you must complete at least half of the minor course requirements at the University of Pittsburgh and earn a 2.0 or better GPA. Courses used for the minor cannot overlap with courses used for the major.

College of General Studies Minors

The College of General Studies offers three minor programs to CGS students as well as other University of Pittsburgh undergraduates.

Check with your academic advisor prior to declaring your minor to address any possible limitations in class selection related to your program.

Current University of Pittsburgh students who are not already enrolled in CGS may apply to add a CGS minor by completing the online application form. Current CGS students interested in pursuing a minor should contact their advisor. 

The links below lead to more information about the minor program requirements for other schools. Talk to your academic advisor about your interests and how to add a minor to your program of study.

School of Education Minors

School of Social Work Minor