Academic Year 2020-2021
Pitt is currently operating a three-tiered reopening system, which closely mirrors Pennsylvania’s red-yellow-green reopening phases, providing common operating standards to plan for safe operations during the pandemic.
To learn the current operational posture, and also to discover what each of them implies for our Pitt community (faculty, staff, and students), see: https://www.coronavirus.pitt.edu/operational-postures. For more general information on the University’s Covid-19 response, see https://www.coronavirus.pitt.edu.
Flex @ Pitt Academic Resources
Flex @ Pitt
“Flex @ Pitt is a reinvention of the instructional model during the pandemic, offering in-person learning for our students when conditions allow for it, and providing faculty with tools and support to deliver robust teaching remotely when necessary.” Learn more.
Strategies for Success
The Office of the Provost offers a dedicated website for students, with information, strategies and resources designed to support student success in the remote environment.
- Visit Student Success with Flex@Pitt and explore:
- Top 10 Strategies for Academic Success
- Student Strategies for Success in the Remote Environment
- Study Spaces and Operational Hours
Canvas @ Pitt Student Resources
Beginning Fall 2020, all Pitt courses will be taught in Canvas, the University’s officially approved, and centrally supported Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas online resources for students are available through the University Center for Teaching and Learning. In addition, Canvas offers 24/7/365 support for all Pitt faculty, student, and staff.
- Visit Canvas @ Pitt resources to access the Canvas Student Guide and the Canvas Student Mobile App.
Top 10 Tech Support Resources for the Flex @ Pitt Environment
Click here to learn more about the top 10 IT support resources that Pitt IT provides to help you navigate whatever COVID-19 throws in your path.
Pitt University Library System
The libraries are here to help you succeed. As the University adjusts its posture, so do the libraries with appropriate modifications to services and facilities.
- Visit Hours, Collections, and Services Updates for Fall 2020 for updates and additional details.
Virtual Tutoring Services
As a CGS student, you have free and full access to Pitt resources and services, including the University's excellent Math Assistance Center , Writing Center, and Study Lab. Please see below for updated information about available tutoring services in the Fall 2020 term.
- The Writing Center will re-open on Sunday, August 23. All tutorials for the fall semester will be conducted remotely. See the Center's guidelines for remote tutoring and go to the Center's online scheduler, to make an appointment.
- Study Lab will offer all tutoring and coaching services virtually in the Fall term. Tutoring will begin on Monday, August 31st. You can make coaching appointments right now and begin to make tutoring appointments on Monday, August 24th. Visit the Study Lab website to learn more, review a list of courses for which peer tutoring is available, and to schedule an appointment.
Math Assistance Center
- The Math Assistance Center will be virtual in the Fall term and has moved to an appointment-based system. Appointments and tutoring will begin on Wednesday, August 26th. Visit the MAC website to learn more, review a list of courses for which tutoring assistance is available, and to schedule an appointment.
Additional Tutoring Resources and Services
- Oral Communication Lab
- Chemistry Department Tutoring
- Statistics Computing Lab
- Physics and Astronomy Resource Room
- Computer Science Resource Center
- Spanish Writing Center