Who We Are
Lambda Alpha Epsilon (The Grand Chapter) is the National American Criminal Justice Association. We here at the University of Pittsburgh represent the Alpha Psi Omega chapter of region four. We are composed of administration of justice and legal studies majors.Student Group Board Members AY 2017–18
|LAE Advisor||Shawn Elliesemail@example.com|
|LAE Advisor||Dr. Boryana Dobrevafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Our mission is to connect as many administration of justice and legal studies majors to employers already established in the field, as well as to educate members on the complexity of the criminal justice system. We also want to give back to the community and to pass on our knowledge in an attempt to strengthen the bonds in the community between those preparing to go into the field and the citizens they will serve.
What We Do
- Visit and observe at the Allegheny County Jail
- Sit in on court cases
- Coordinate trips to the shooting range
- Host study sessions
Become a Member
Membership Qualifications: Membership in the association shall be composed of persons:
- 18 years of age or older
- Currently (or were at the time of their application for membership) employed in an area concerned with the administration of criminal justice
- Honorably retired from a career in an area concerned with the administration of criminal justice
- Enrolled in a program of study in the criminal justice field at a college or university accredited by a recognized national or regional accreditation association
- Involved in volunteer work directly related to the administration of criminal justice (approved by the Executive Board of Grand Chapter)
If you qualify for membership and wish to become a member-at-large, please send us a quick note at one of the above email addresses, complete the membership application, and return it along with your $40 initiation fee (check or money order) to the national office.
Visit us on Facebook!