Who We Are
Lambda Alpha Epsilon (The Grand Chapter) is the National American Criminal Justice Association. We here at the University of Pittsburgh represent the Alpha Psi Omega chapter of region four. We are composed of Administration of Justice, Legal Studies, and Law, Criminal Justice, and Society majors and minors.
Student Group Board Members AY 2022–23
|LAE Advisor||Poppi Ritaccoemail@example.com|
|Vice President||Maha Madapoosi||MAM799@pitt.edu|
Our mission is to connect as many Administration of Justice, Legal Studies, and Law, Criminal Justice, and Society students to employers already established in the field, as well as to educate members on the complexity of the criminal justice system. We aim to not only educate our communities on the current state of criminal justice, but to give back to charities and organizations who work to improve and facilitate different aspects of criminal justice. The overarching goal of Alpha Psi Omega-Lambda Alpha Epsilon is to improve criminal justice in principle and practice.
What We Do
- Improve criminal justice through educational activities
- Foster professionalism in law enforcement agencies
- Promote professional, academic, and public awareness in criminal justice issues
- Encourage the establishment and expansion of higher education and professional training in criminal justice
- Promote a unified voice for professionals in, and students of, criminal justice
- Promote high standards of ethical conduct, professional training, and higher education within the criminal justice field
Become a Member
Membership Qualifications: Membership in the association shall be composed of persons:
- 18 years of age or older
- Currently (or were at the time of their application for membership) employed in an area concerned with the administration of criminal justice
- Honorably retired from a career in an area concerned with the administration of criminal justice
- Enrolled in a program of study in the criminal justice field at a college or university accredited by a recognized national or regional accreditation association
If you qualify for membership and wish to become a member-at-large, please send us an email at one of the above email addresses, complete the membership application, and return it along with your $40 initiation fee (check or money order) to our executive board.
Visit us on Instagram, @apolaeatpitt