Current undergraduate students at the University of Pittsburgh on the Pittsburgh campus or one of the University's regional campuses interested in one of our degree programs may be able to transfer directly into the College of General Studies if they meet minimum academic requirements.
Current undergraduate students on the Pittsburgh campus:
- You must be a student in good standing at the University (2.0 GPA).
- You must have completed at least twelve credits in your current program and have fulfilled the Mathematics and Seminar in Composition requirements.
Upon acceptance into CGS, students will receive evaluations of their previous course work, acknowledging the courses that have fulfilled CGS skills and general education requirements.
To graduate with a degree from CGS, students are required to:
- Earn their last 30 credits while enrolled in CGS, and
- Complete at least one-half of the major or 15 credits, whichever is greater, at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh campus.
Current undergraduate students on a regional campus (Bradford, Greensburg, Johnstown, or Titusville):
- For students seeking guaranteed transfer relocation who have earned credits only from one of the regional campuses, the normal requirement is for completion of 45 credits at the specific regional campus, with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer students who attended a regional campus must complete 45 credits overall. A minimum of 30 credits must be completed at the regional campus. The minimum Grade Point Average is 2.5.
- Students with a 3.0 GPA, who would have been directly admissible to the Pittsburgh campus as freshmen, may be considered for relocation with fewer than the above number of college credits.
- You must have completed the Algebra and Seminar in Composition requirements with a grade of C- or better.
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements,* please complete an academic program change form with your current academic advisor or dean's office, who will forward the request to us for review. Once CGS receives and reviews your information, you will receive a final decision from CGS via your Pitt e-mail.
*Note: Certain CGS majors have more specific admission requirements. Be sure to check program information carefully before applying.
Email us at email@example.com.