Welcome to Career Services at CGS!
No matter where you are in your career exploration process, it’s never too early to start preparing for your future! We are here to assist you to explore, discuss, and make decisions about your career and employment options or seek assistance in making a career transition.
You can meet with Carol Balk, our career consultant for one-on-one counseling and to request assistance with whatever you need. Some of our offerings include:
- Exploration of Majors
- Explore skills, values, and interests and more through self-assessments
- Deep search into career options in a field of interest
- Identify the skills needed for employability
- Finding resources for internships, volunteering and job shadowing
- Resume development and review
- LinkedIn profile development
- Interview techniques – virtual and in-person
- Learn to write cover letters, thank you letters and other forms of professional correspondence
- Job search techniques
- Virtual work environments
- Post-grad resources
- Graduate school planning
- And more!
Connect with Carol Balk, CGS and Veterans Career Consultant:
Schedule in Handshake a Zoom, phone or email appointment with Carol,
Fall 2020 Hours: Mondays 1-4pm | Tuesdays 11am-4pm | Thursdays 1-4pm | Fridays 10am-3pm
Have a quick question but no time for a phone call?
Chat with a Carrer Center representative: Mondays and Thursdays 5-7pm
Visit Handshake to discover professional development opportunities such as career workshops, career fairs, meet & greets with employers and alumni, and internship and job postings.