College of General Studies Advising is currently offering advising services on a remote basis only via Zoom, phone, or email. Students who have questions should contact their assigned advisor directly via email. All other inquiries may be directed to CGSAdv@Pitt.edu.
Instructions for dowloading Skype for Business are available here.
Please be sure to check Emergency.Pitt.edu regularly for important updates.
The College of General Studies is home to a talented group of experienced and dedicated academic advisors, happy to help you navigate through the University and achieve your academic goals. All degree-seeking and certificate students in the College of General Studies are assigned an advisor to work with throughout their time at the University. Your advisor is your individual and personal connection to the University of Pittsburgh—your guide, advocate, and a key member of your support team.
Contact your advisor if you have a question or need information about any of the following and more:
- Academic/Advising Holds
- Add/Drop Decisions
- Career Choices
- Course Selection
- Curriculum Requirements
- Graduation Review
- Personal Issues
- Problems with Major/Minor
- Study Abroad Opportunities/Service Learning Experiences
- University Policies/Procedures
- Withdrawal/Resignation Decisions
Student Responsibilities in the Advising Relationship
To acquire the skills needed to assume final responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and the successful completion of all graduation requirements.
- Become knowledgeable about the relevant policies, procedures, and rules of the University and academic programs.
- Be prepared with accurate information when contacting the advisor, whether in an appointment or by phone.
- Access my.pitt.edu for important updates, resources, and course information.
- Be actively engaged in seeking the academic and career information necessary to meet their educational goals.