As new information about COVID-19 becomes available daily, it is important to stay Informed by monitoring:
- The University of Pittsburgh Return to Campus: Resilience Planning in Response to COVID-19 website and https://www.policy.pitt.edu/university-policies-and-procedures/covid-19-standards-and-guidelines for the University’s standards and guidelines.
- The Allegheny County COVID-19 page
- The CDC COVID-19 Situation Summary page
Handbook, Guides, and Forms
- CGS Instructor’s Handbook AY 2020-2021 (PDF) is a one-stop resource document for CGS-affiliated instructors. It provides a brief overview of CGS and its programs as well as a comprehensive list of our policies, procedures, expectations, and tips related to teaching at CGS.
- CGS Guide for Online Instructors AY 2020-2021 (PDF) offers a detailed overview of the CGS online course proposal, development, and approval process as well as a summary of expectations for CGS online instructors based on best practices and standards in online education.
- CGS G Grade Teacher-Student Contract (fillable PDF) is available to CGS instructors who have students completing a G Grade.
Checklists and Templates
- CGS Syllabus Checklist AY 20-21 (fillable PDF) provides you with a list of items you need to include in your syllabus for the course(s) taught at CGS.
- CGS Course Syllabus Template AY 20-21 (Word document) to be adapted for your CGS class.
- CGS Canvas Quick-Start Template (can be pre-viewed at the link and loaded to your Canvas course shell upon request)
- Academic Continuity Checklist for CGS Instructors (PDF) to assist you as you transition your class(es) to online delivery during the Fall 2020 semester. Adapted from N. Jones, NKU 2020.
- CGS Canvas Essentials Checklist (PDF) containing the 7 must-have elements and best practices when designing your Canvas course(s).
- Teaching a Live,Online Session Checklist and Online Lesson Planning Template (Word document) designed for instructors who are facilitating and holding live, online Zoom sessions in their classes.
Academic Integrity Resources
College of General Studies Academic Integrity Code (PDF) includes guidelines pertaining to student-faculty academic integrity issues in the classroom and other contexts such as plagiarism.