As new information about COVID-19 becomes available daily, it is important to stay Informed by monitoring:
- The The Power of Pitt: Building a Healthy and Resilient Community website
- The Allegheny County COVID-19 page
- The CDC COVID-19 Situation Summary page
Handbook, Guides, and Forms
- CGS Instructor’s Handbook AY 2021-2022 (PDF) is a one-stop resource document for CGS-affiliated instructors. It provides a brief overview of CGS and its programs as well as a comprehensive list of our policies, procedures, expectations, and tips related to teaching at CGS.
- CGS Guide for Online Instructors AY 2021-2022 (PDF) offers a detailed overview of the CGS online course proposal, development, and approval process as well as a summary of expectations for CGS online instructors based on best practices and standards in online education.
- CGS G Grade Teacher-Student Contract (fillable PDF) is available to CGS instructors who have students completing a G Grade.
Checklists and Templates
- CGS Syllabus Checklist AY 21-22 (fillable PDF) provides you with a list of items you need to include in your syllabus for the course(s) taught at CGS.
- CGS Course Syllabus Template AY 21-22 (Word document) to be adapted for your CGS class.
- CGS Canvas Quick-Start Template (can be pre-viewed at the link and loaded to your Canvas course shell upon request)
- Academic Continuity Checklist for CGS Instructors (PDF) to assist you as you transition your class(es) to online delivery during the Fall 2020 semester. Adapted from N. Jones, NKU 2020.
- CGS Canvas Essentials Checklist (PDF) containing the 7 must-have elements and best practices when designing your Canvas course(s).
- Teaching a Live,Online Session Checklist and Online Lesson Planning Template (Word document) designed for instructors who are facilitating and holding live, online Zoom sessions in their classes.
Academic Integrity Resources
The College of General Studies is committed to upholding academic integrity and honesty across all modes of learning. As part of this commitment, we follow the academic integrity guidelines and principles set forth by the University of Pittsburgh Office of the Provost. Matters pertaining to academic integrity and the code of student conduct at CGS will be handled in accordance with the academic integrity procedures established by the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences and fall under the purview of the Office of the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and CGS.
- Guidelines on Academic Integrity: Student and Faculty Obligations and Hearing Procedures, Office of the Provost.
- Academic Integrity Code, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
CGS Academic Integrity Video Series
Academic Integrity Course & Badge: A Resource for Your Students
Developed by the University Library System, this self-paced online course in Canvas introduces students to Pitt’s guidelines on plagiarism, honesty, ownership of intellectual property, and scholastically appropriate behavior. Upon successful completion of the modules and the exit quiz, students can request a Credly badge for their portfolio.