Study Abroad

College of General Studies students are encouraged to enhance their education with a study abroad experience. You can earn credit toward your University of Pittsburgh degree through participation in either Pitt-sponsored, exchange, or Pitt-recognized programs. The University offers a wide variety of study abroad options, from semester programs to short one-, three-, or five-week programs that can fit your busy schedule. Find out more about taking advantage of study abroad opportunities as an adult student on the dedicated CGS study abroad page.

Approval for credit must be obtained before studying abroad. The study abroad advisor provides approval and the CGS advisor approves course selection and credits. You should have at least a 2.75 GPA before seeking permission to study abroad.  

Visit the Study Abroad Office in room 802 of the William Pitt Union, call 412-648-7413, or review for more information.


Nationality Rooms Study Abroad Scholarships