Internships provide opportunities to gain practical, career-related skills outside of the classroom. Even if you have job experience, consider an internship as part of your academic career, whether or not it is required. You will earn college credits while building your resume and meeting professional contacts.
Learn about the University’s Internship Guarantee Program.
Why should I complete an internship?
- Employers say that when selecting people to hire, they give preference to candidates with more experience.
- Internships help you to determine your strengths and preferences in different work environments.
- You will be able to apply material you're learning in the classroom to real-world scenarios.
- Internships help you to determine courses that might be beneficial to take once you have chosen a career path.
- You will make networking connections and establish references to use in the future.
- Sometimes interships lead to full-time opportunities.