Alpha Sigma Lambda (which has its Alpha Chi Chapter in the College of General Studies) has announced that for the 2024-2025 academic year it will grant a total of six (6) $3,000 scholarships and fifteen (15) $2,500 scholarships. Students who meet ASL's criteria are encouraged to apply. Students do not have to be a member of the ASL Alpha Chi Chapter in order to be eligible to apply. Each college with an Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter may submit two applications.
- Completed 24 semester hours of graded coursework at the University of Pittsburgh (not including transfer hours, assessment hours, CLEP credit and the like and not including any courses in which the student is currently enrolled).
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at Pitt.
- Enrolled in an associate’s or a baccalaureate degree program at Pitt.
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete their degree.
- Has at least one semester left of work needed to complete their undergraduate degree (may include classes on a part-time basis).
- Personal Statement
- Faculty Recommendation
- Financial Need
APPLICATION FORM AND SUBMISSION CRITERIA
Complete the ASL Scholarship Application.
Submit completed application to Alpha Chi Chapter Councilors via email for verification and review.
The Alpha Chi Chapter Councilors will select two finalists to forward to the ASL Home Office for consideration.
The deadline to submit completed applications to the Alpha Chi Chapter Councilors Is April 5th, 2024. We will contact applicants if additional information is needed.
ASL ALPHA CHI CHAPTER COUNCILORS
Dr. Boryana Dobreva, Director of Online Learning | Angela King, Administrative Coordinator