College of General Studies

Study Abroad

College of General Studies students are encouraged to enhance their education with a study abroad experience.  You can earn credit toward your University of Pittsburgh degree through participation in either Pitt-sponsored, exchange, or Pitt-recognized programs.  The University offers a wide variety of study abroad options, from semester programs to short one, three or five week programs that can fit the busy schedule of an adult student. You can find more information on the dedicated CGS study abroad page about how adult students can take advantage of study abroad opportunities.

Approval for credit must be obtained before students are permitted to study abroad. The study abroad advisor provides approval and the CGS advisor approves course selection and credits.  Students should have at least a 2.75 GPA before seeking permission to study abroad.  

Visit the Study Abroad Office in room 802 of the William Pitt Union, call 412-648-7413, or review for more information.



Nationality Rooms Study Abroad Scholarships

Nationality Rooms Study Abroad Scholarship: Summer 2017 Flyer