2. Research the site: Prepare any questions you may have about hours, responsibilities, dress code, and clearances. Check to see if you will need to provide a resume, academic transcripts, and/or references.
3. Interview at the site: Contact the site supervisor for an interview. Discuss the hours, duties, and responsibilities required. Let the interviewer know if you are considering more than one site; the interviewer may be considering more than one student for the position.
4. Follow up: Send a thank-you letter after the meeting.
Note that your internship must be approved by your Course Internship Instructor prior to the start of the internship. If you do not receive pre-approval for the internship, as indicated by his or her signature at the bottom of the internship agreement, you may not receive credit for the internship. You must be registered for the appropriate internship course at the same time you are completing the internship.
1. After accepting the internship, download and complete the CGS Internship Agreement Form with your internship site supervisor and submit the completed and signed form to your Course Internship Instructor for review and approval.
2. When the agreement form is ready (i.e., has been signed by you, your on-site supervisor, and your course internship instructor), you may register for the course with the approved number of credits. See information on course options under Internship Policy.
3. Forward a copy of your completed and signed agreement form (via email or as hard copy) to CGS career counselor Brianna McMeekin.