1.) Are cap and gown worn at the CGS Reception and Graduation Recognition Ceremony?
No, cap and gown are not worn at the CGS Graduation Reception and Recognition Ceremony; they are worn at the annual University of Pittsburgh Graduation Convocation in the spring of 2018. We suggest semi-formal/professional attire for the CGS Graduation Reception and Recognition Ceremony. If you purchased a cap and gown for Pitt Convocation, you are welcome to wear it to the CGS event, though most students do not.
2.) What is included in the CGS Graduation Reception and Recognition Ceremony?
RECOGNITION CEREMONY approximately 6pm-7pm, William Pitt Union Assembly Room
• Graduates should arrive at 5:30pm to ensure a prompt ceremony start time.
• Each graduate is called to the stage to receive a diploma cover. Your actual diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
• As you approach the stage, a summary of the information you provide in your RSVP will be read to the audience. If your RSVP is not fully completed by December 1, 2017, only your name and major will be read.
• The photographer will take pictures of each graduate as they accept their diploma cover. This photo will be e-mailed to you in January.
Reception will follow the ceremony in the William Pitt Union’s Kurtzman Room at approximately 7pm
• This is an opportunity for you to mingle with your family, friends, fellow graduates, and CGS staff.
• A photographer will be present to take pictures of you and your family at no cost. These photos will also be e-mailed to you in January.
• Desserts and beverages will be served. Please note that this is not a dinner event.
3.) Will I get my diploma at the CGS Graduation Reception and Recognition Ceremony?
No, diplomas will be mailed to graduates once grades have been finalized. For more information, contact the Registrar's office.
4.) Where can I park?
The closest parking garage is the Soldiers and Sailors Garage which is across the street from the William Pitt Union. The entrance to the garage is on Bigelow Blvd. Metered street parking is also available throughout Oakland.
5.) How many guests may I bring?
The guest count is limited to yourself and four (4) guests for the December 2017 event. *Guest tickets are only guaranteed to students who turn complete their RSVP by the December 1, 2017 deadline.* If you would like additional tickets, you may request to add a guest count to the waitlist, although waitlist requests are not guaranteed. All ticket requests must be made by submitting your electronic RSVP by Friday, December 1, 2017. The waitlist is first come, first served, up to the event's capacity. You will be notified the week of December 4, 2017 via e-mail if your request is granted.
6.) Can I RSVP via e-mail?
No. You must fill out the RSVP via the survey link: cgs.pitt.edu/CGSGraduationRSVP. If you have issues with the online RSVP, please contact Lydia Heyliger at LMH145@pitt.edu.